Zeus Motorcycle Gear is a brand that’s committed to being the best riding gear that money can buy. That’s why we have painstakingly designed our gear to be a combination of quality, comfort and affordability. And though your safety gear is responsible for protecting you on roads, you have a responsibility towards it as well. You need to maintain it, clean it and store it in the correct manner to ensure that the material doesn’t wear out due to moisture or incorrect storage techniques. Read on to know how to treat your gear right and extend its life, so that it can protect yours.
Zeus uses the ‘A+ Ballistic Cordura’ fabric which are heavy-duty protective wear developed for the military body armor used for its superior tear and abrasion resistance.Since the jacket’s fabric quality and material is different from our regular clothes,it needs different kind of attention for its maintenance and upkeep.
One of the most important things to be remembered is, Zeus Jackets should be hand washed after every major ride. Here’s how to do it:
- First the loops should be unlocked. Next, the rain and wind liners should be gently pulled out.
- Further, the protector pockets from shoulder, elbow and back in the jackets need to be removed.
- The jacket should be soaked in detergent water for minimum 20 minutes and rinsed in cold or room temperature water.
- Use a soft bristle brush with a toothpaste or a powerful detergent as a lubricant to erase stains. Hang the riding jacket till it dries completely.
Note: For mesh riding jacket, use a vacuum cleaner to suck out the dirt out from its crevices and seams and use a damp cloth to clean off the mesh.
A warm, dry place is the best place to store your boots when not in use. However, they need to be kept away from hot places such as fireplaces, sunlight and such, in order to prevent the adhesive from melting or loosening and prevent discoloration. You need to clean your shoes on regular basis to ensure that it serves it purpose when used.
- Clean the surface area with a wet cloth, rinsing the cloth on periodic basis to prevent it from drying.
- Use soap water or detergent to clean off stubborn stains and let it dry naturally rather than exposing it tohot sun at this vulnerable stage.
- After drying, use leather cleaner and apply it specifically on the leather part of the boot.
- Next apply a leather conditioner on the leather areas and using a clean cloth to spread it on the surface.
- Let them dry for 18-24 hours and your boots are as new as before.
Gloves are the most underrated piece of motorcycle riding gear. As the point of contact between a biker and the bike, these solid mates are constantly in contact with sweat, soil and other toxic elements. In fact, the leather in the gloves tend to breakdown due to the salt content in sweat, thus making its maintenance a top priority.
It is hence important to know how to clean your gloves on regular basis in order to ensure its health and longevity. But how would one know that the gloves are dirty, and need a wash?
It’s simple if you follow this checklist:
- Do your palms smell bad after your long drive?
- Are there small black stains when you wash your hands after your ride?
Then a wash is needed at the earliest!
For starters, clean the gloves by allowing the gloves to soak in the water – detergent mixture. Gently clean the gloves using a gentle bristle brush. Keep on changing the water until the stains are erased off. Wear your wear gloves while wet and clench your fist tight to get the mold right. Wrap the gloves in dry cloth but air dry it (no direct sunlight or air dryer) as keeping it wet would lead to fungus. Once dry, it is ready to use.
For a clearer understanding, check out the step-by-step tutorial by the Zeus CRO i.e. Chief Riding Officer, in this video
For personal support, connect with us on our helpline +91 8448440133 or email us at email@example.com